There has never been a better time to train as a mediator. With increased recognition by the law and growing support and encouragement from professional bodies the awareness and use of mediation is on the rise.
AMC offers mediation and conciliation training carried out by highly experienced mediators and trainers in your own location.
Who may be interested
- Are you a legal practitioner? New rules introduced in April 2013 which require small claims to be automatically referred to mediation will affect how you represent your clients.
- Are you in HR or running a business? Mediation or alternative dispute resolution (ADR) can positively change the atmosphere in your place of work.
- Are you a Local Authority, a School, College or University, a Hospital or GP practice where channels of communication have broken down either within the team or with users? A working knowledge of ADR will enable you to build bridges and ease tension.
- Are you running a law course at a College or University? No current course which includes an element of law can be run without mention of mediation/ADR.
- Are you a Community Organisation or Police Officer who seek to solve social challenges etc
AMC offers a variety of courses that can be tailor made to meet your requirements. Our courses include:
- Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediation – 5 days
- Workplace Mediation – 5 days
- Civl and Commercial Mediation 4 days
- Mediation Advocacy
- Law for Mediators
- Introduction to Mediation – 1 day
- Guaranteed observation (3 observations required before registration with the CMC)
- Free registration on Directory services where potential clients can search for you
From our courses you will learn and develop an awareness and understanding for mediation including:
- Understanding how the mediation process works
- Develop a deeper understanding of how to negotiate and settle disputes
- Appreciate the reasoning behind conflicts
- Learn how to resolve obdurate disagreements
- Become an effective communicator and advocate
- Train in advance questioning techniques and become a skilled negotiator
- Use problem solving techniques to resolve intricate and multifarious cases
The courses can be intense, but thoroughly enjoyable and motivational and will teach you skills you can use in your professional and personal capacity. Whatever your background or expertise we welcome a convivial environment which we can all enjoy. We welcome you aboard and are looking forward to meeting you on the course.
Mediation for you?
Mediators can come from a variety of backgrounds and professions who choose to train for different reasons. Some trainees wish to pursue mediation as their sole profession whereas others choose to promote a mediation service within their practice. Currently, there are no qualifications required to train as a mediator, you simply need to have an open mind, a willingness to listen and a desire to understand the purpose behind the person.
Is training as a mediator for you?
- Are you able to see an argument from both sides?
- Want to resolve disputes fairly, effectively and quickly?
- Have you ever wished that you could have helped clients understand what it is that is really important to them?
- Do you feel that the adversarial procedure is too costly, timely and causes unnecessary stress for you and your clients?
- Do you want to improve your negotiation, listening and communicative skills?
ACM are here to offer you their services with our training courses from developing a general understanding and awareness of mediation, to the effectiveness of mediation within a workplace, to training to become a fully accredited mediator.
Please click on the link below for further information on each course:
- An introduction to mediation
- Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediation (5 day)
- Accredited Workplace Mediation (5 day)
- Accredited Civil and Commercial Mediator (4 day)
- Accredited Workplace Mediator (4 day)
- Mediation Advocacy
- Negotiation skills
- In-house training
- Conflict Coaching
- University training
- CPD Day